Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mini Canvas: Dream

I have a few canvases on the go and am having a ton of fun with them. This particular canvas is a mini, approximately ATC-size, so it was a great one for a start.


I used my fav paint, Lumiere (by Jacquard) for the base. I started with Pearlescent Turquoise and added a hint of Metallic Citrine to match my collage image. A little bit of Metallic Indigo sponged onto the corners gave depth.

To start off, I stippled a "D" stencil next with some Metallic Brass. I inked a cuttlebugged piece of cardstock with white ink (Colorbox) and pressed it into the canvas (hard to see in the photo) to give an airy background.

Finally, I added the quote, stamped "dream" (Invoke Arts), punched stars and tag and heart embellishments after I had collaged the fairy.


It was fun to experiment with color and design and a new surface!

Hope your day is filled with hopes and dreams!

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow, so pretty!! And I love that Poe quote (I've got it too, but a different stamp)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love how you layered up the paints - they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ***Standing ovation!***
    This is spectacular, Shar! Lumiere is such great paint, and you totally took it to the next level. Those colors are so dreamy and perfect for the imagery. (And I'm with Jean-- I LOVE the Poe quote!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon this is gorgeous! i love the coloring you did in the canvas and the stensil! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Shar, perfect! Hope you will make lots more of these,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to see all the canvases on your Blog. Gorgeous colour, perfect quote and love that image. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the blue of the background makes the image pop off the ATC...beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so rich and yummy! Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic colors and love the use of a canvas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I have admired your work for so long! Your comment on my GC submission really means a lot to me! Thank you!
    kat

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely you don't say where the ATC size canvas is from but it looks super

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sharon - that is just magnificent!!!! And so tiny - just fantastic. TFS
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! I need to come play at your house. I have several canvases in progress too but I keep looking at them and get lost! This is gorgeous. Lumiere is one of my faves too! It's just perfect. The colors and the image and the elements are jut perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...