Wednesday, May 19, 2010

GC55: Quote

On returning home from a short but lovely vacation, I discovered that one of the things I missed most while away was a nice cup of tea!

With this thought in mind, I decided to use one of my favorite tea quotes for the new Random Redhead Challenge on Gingersnap Creations. The inspiration this month is "Quotes".

Tea is a nice simple beverage so I went with a nice simple card. I repeated the three tea cups to make my own background paper and sponged and chalked some details into the cups.


Afternoon Tea
Stamps:
quote (Serendipity Stamps); tea cups (Stampington)
Cardstock: Bordering Blue, Night of Navy and Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Ink: Bordering Blue and Night of Navy (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: 1/4" navy blue ribbon
Other: Bordering Blue chalk (Stampin Up)

Hope you have a restful day with a chance to sit and sip a wonderfully comforting beverage! While you sit with your cuppa, take a moment to pop over to Gingersnap Creations and see some fabulous art from the Gingers Team.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant card, Shar - love the shading on the teacups. Glad to hear you had a nice vacation - welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Shar! Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. Thank you for sharing your work.

    http"//michelesscrappyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! When can we have a cup of tea together??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't figure out why I went and made a cup of tea last night. It was delightful. I guess you put the idea in my head! A lovely card and quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmluvin' your cuppa' tea too! I like mine spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely, I like the monochrome look! The tea stamp is so nice, I have been eyeing that one for a while;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely card. Love the sentiment. And I fully agree. Your tea cup background is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your background paper--and the quote is spot on--I'd be happy to have a cup of tea with you and discuss art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the background paper you created. I love the look of chalks I just have mine buried somewhere. Love the colors you chose. I'm not much of a tea drinker but I would love to sit down and drink my diet pepsi with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...