Thursday, May 6, 2010

GC53: Read

Many a day you can find me with my nose in a book when I am not stamping. This week, Gingersnap Creations' Theme Challenge is "Read".

Here's two cards I made for that theme. The first one I colored the image with copics and then clear embossed before over stamping with poetry text and sponging. I distressed and inked the edge to give even more of an old page feel.

Little Reader
Stamp:
girl reading and text (Stubby Stampers)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla and Always Artichoke (Stampin Up)
Paper: Tuscany Prose Back-to-Back (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento); Tea Dye and Antique Linen (Ranger Distress Ink); Versamarker
Copics: E02 E07, E09, E11, E15, E19, E34, E35, E55, G20, G21, G82, Y21, Y23, YG45, and YR00
Tools: clear embossing powder and heating tool

For the next one, I took it back to basics and just looked for a great strong image and an interesting background. I thought this page from a late 1800s novel was perfect for the background. This great framed face from Stamp Francisco made the perfect bold image.

Eye on Reading
Stamp:
Framed Face (Stamp Francisco)
Cardstock: Very Vanilla and Bravo Burgundy (Stampin Up)
Paper: page from old book
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Tea Dye and Antique Linen (Ranger Distress Ink)

Hope you have a chance to check out the great samples from the Gingersnap Creations Design Team and to play along! Like all our challenges, this one goes for just over 3 weeks so lots of time to participate!

7 comments:

  1. They're both lovely, Shar, and your Copic skills are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these challenge pieces! I think READ will be a fun topic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet, love that little girl stamp! Hmmm, I know what I am going to make for this challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Shar. I love the stamp on the first card, not seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Equally lovely cards. The stamped image really does pop out on the second card as it is such a strong image. Must try and participate in this challenge as I am also a keen reader. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Adore them both. I love the overstamping on the girl reading. Super Clever. You are the master of bold & beautiful. I aspire to be more like you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...