Sunday, May 9, 2010

Baseball Decor

One of my friends has the cutest little boy and he is just wild about baseball. When she told me that they were redoing his room with a vintage baseball theme, I couldn't resist contributing a couple of items.


I started out with a switchplate similar to the one I made last year. I started with a base color of Lumiere paint, Citrine, and then dry brushed two additional green paints over the base coat. The result was a less uniform and more distressed look. Next I added images by stamping them onto the painted wooden pieces with StazOn ink.

The next piece I tried was a wooden door hanger. I used the same painting and stamping method to come up with the double sided hanger below. This project is fairly quick and easy to complete with minimal drying time required.


The images are from Artistic Outpost's Vintage Baseball plate and Hampton Art Stamps' Cameo Alphabet Set.

Hope you hit a homerun with all your projects this weekend! Have a fantastic Mom's Day to all the lovely mothers out there!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Shar!! These are fabulous projects - what a lucky little boy! I love the shimmery green, and the baseball collage is gorgeous. (Of course, it would be even more gorgeous if that guy's jersey said "Yankees" instead of "Boston", but I'll let that go just this once, ROFL!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cool! He's going to LOVE these. Gotta disagree with Jean, though, you chose the right team. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage look of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are adorable! We have a sports card and memorabilia store (22 years now), so I'm loving these!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from Maine so Go BoSOX! My hubby wouls love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great, he's going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He will love these - such special gifts. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure he loved these! You amaze me at your stamping skills. If I were to stamp different images like that I would just have a mess. LOVE the color! I'm guessing the color matches his room. Very very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...