Friday, April 30, 2010

Shaggy Congrats

I have had NO time to stamp the couple of weeks, so I thought I would do some quick cards to get back into the groove. This one is a Congratulations card. I used my Scottish heritage as inspiration on this one. It also worked great as a Taurus card for Gingersnap Creations' Reasons to Stamp for May.


I decided to go very simple and pretty much monochromatic for this one. He's all rust with a hint of brown, down with marker watercoloring. I love the look of soft watercoloring that you can get with this technique (without the hassle of actually watercoloring).

Bully for You
Stamps:
Collage Alphabet (My Sentiments Exactly); bull (Scottish Borders Stamps); for you (River City Rubber Works)
Paper: watercolor
Cardstock: Really Rust (Stampin Up)
Ink: Really Rust (Stampin Up)
Marker: Really Rust (Stampin Up)
Tools: Aquapainter (Stampin Up)

Hope today has loads of exciting things in store for you!

7 comments:

  1. I love this! It was the first thing I saw on the blog reader this morning, and it made me smile. You are the undisputed QUEEN of Reasons to Stamp, Shar!!! I can't believe how much coolness you produced for May. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, this Shar. I also saw it on the GC blog and loved it there, too. You've given us lots of great reasons to stamp--now if you could just give us all the time we need to do it!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card and such a fun sentiment. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your card on the TJer's group and fell in LOVE! Love the Highland stamp! Can you tell me where to get it,(the link?) or if you ever choose to get rid of it?? My brother raises Highlands and they are sooo photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, loving this! What a fun sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE this card!!! It's just so fun. And I love all of your other creations for RTS... you were on fire! (I can commiserate with you on the "no time to stamp".... my kids have been hogging all of my time and energy. That's a good thing, though... I guess????)

    ReplyDelete
  7. To lilscrappers:
    Scottish Borders Stamps makes the Highland cow. Not sure if they are still around though. Bought the stamp ages ago.

    Glad you enjoyed the card!

    To everyone else:

    Thanks tons for all the sweet words!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...