Thursday, April 8, 2010

Last of the Bubble Wrap

For this card, I brought out my long neglected chalks. I am so happy with how it turned out. I have been so busy I haven't had a chance to catch up with any of my fab friends. To remedy this, I set out to make a card and...as usual...my mind drifted and the idea of busy turned into the thought of "busy bees" and a card was born. I adore these tags!


I used the bubble wrap as a background and then overstamped some lovely images from Invoke Arts and one of my fav alphabets from Hampton Art stamps. I admit it - I am addicted to puns...and alliteration.


Bee'n Busy
Stamps: bees and tags (Invoke Arts); alphabet (Hampton Art Stamps)
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate and Summer Sun (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Other: chalks; bronze eyelets; hairspray (yes, really); mini chain
Tools: Crop-a-dile

To see more instructions on how I made this background, go to my tutorial on Gingersnap Creations.

Hope you haven't been too busy! Of course, I am off to do a million things today - it never stops!

13 comments:

  1. Shar, this is my favorite yet! (And that's saying a lot, since all your bubble wrap creations ROCK!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tags are fantastic, and I love the graduated colour tones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like this so SO much! Words fail me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, Shar--puns and wordplay are great!! Love your cards, and can't wait to try all your bubble wrap techniques!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool Shar! I need to pull out some of my bubble wrap and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been playing with chalks too, aren't they wonderful, the bubblewrap bg is so elegant and the colors are perfection!
    lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  7. great play on words and delightful colour combo.

    thanks for stopping by my blog

    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and tags. Really love the colors you've used..flower and honey for the bees :-) and the sentiment is so clever.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fabulous bubble creation!! I LOOOOVVE those little tags on there (and of course the mini chain)... so much FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is amazing! I love how the stamped bubble wrap is varigated in color...it gives such a gorgeous effect! beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Shar: I love this technique. I've tried it a couple of times and can't get the hang of it, but you've inspired me to try again! Your tags are great. I have bee'n busy...just got back from a two week vacation in Florida. Ahhh-it was wonderful! Hugs, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uhhhhhhh. I know your punny ;) and i had to look up this word "alliteration" and I still don't know what it means. i'm all about havin fun baby-forget that lernin stuff. :)

    Your cards and tags are fab fab fab!!!!! I love using bubble wrap and anything else i can get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...