Monday, April 5, 2010

Getting Bubble Wrap to Pop

Today, I played with some variations on an old stand-by, bubblewrap backgrounds. Of course, I had to add a few twists of my own.

Here's a standard bubble wrap background card:

Rose Pop
Stamp: rose (Penny Black)
Cardstock: glossy white; Basic Black, Riding Hood Red and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Fired Brick (Ranger Distress Ink)
Tools: bubble wrap

I also tried a variation which kisses the bubble wrap to a pre-inked surface. This is what it looked like:

Angel Dreams
Stamps: fairy(Alpha Stamps); sentiment (Invoke Arts)
Cardstock: glossy white; Rose Red (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); Fired Brick (Ranger Distress Ink)
Tools: bubble wrap; water mister

If you want to see how I made either of these backgrounds, pop on over to Gingersnap Creations and check out my tutorial.

5 comments:

  1. Your tutorial is wonderful - love how you got so many effects from one little ol' piece of trash! It looks like you used an expensive background stamp. Fabulous cards - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your tutorial yesterday, the ideas are fab - I first used bubble wrap not long after I got into stamping,but haven't done so for ages. Will be trying it again... soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh. I am saving all my bubble wrap now. You have created a monster i tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey did you stamp the rose in black over the top of the background?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...