Wednesday, April 7, 2010

GC49: Good Earth

Finally, a reason to use this fabulous sentiment from Scottish Borders Stamping! It is ATC size but I hadn't thought of how to use it on yet then along comes the new Chestnut Theme Challenge - The Good Earth - on Gingersnap Creations.

As with all the challenges on Gingersnap Creations, how you use the theme is very open.

I went two ways with this theme. First, I decided to show the Earth in the form of a map and use a quote with the word "earth" in it resulting in this ATC:


My Choice
Stamp: sentiment (Scottish Borders Stamping)
Collage Image: woman (Curious by Design)
Paper: old map scrap (thanks, Ali!)
Cardstock: More Mustard and Really Rust
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Embellishments: key charm and aged copper heart brad

Then, I went all Technique Junkie and did a warhol-style card using the idea of farming, earth and growth as my starting point. I selected the colors of the planet for my warhol - green grass, blue sky and rugged earth.


Wheat Warhol

Stamps: sentiment and wheat from Country Girl plate (Oxford Impressions)
Paper: Elegance (Kaisercraft)
Cardstock: River Rock, Ballet Blue, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip and Glorious Green (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)

There's lots of other great samples to check out on Gingersnap Creations!

5 comments:

  1. These are both so beautiful! I love how creative and original they are - great work with this theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both these cards, Shar! Great takes on the challenge. I've SO gotta try that Warhol technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The ATC is stunning! And I love the COUNTRY GIRL set from Oxford! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shar, Love that ATC. great use of the background
    and your Warhol cards are the best around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that ATC. She looks like she has a crown of the world on her head. go look! And the warhol card is kewl. haven't tried that yet. need to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...