Thursday, March 18, 2010

Party of One

Shhh....it's a secret. This is another of my postcards for the art exchange at Gingersnap Creations. I love this collage image!


As with the other postcards in this series, I did a faux whitewash with gesso. It lightened up my very dense and dark party paper.

Party of One
Stamps: diamond border (Catslife Press); Art (Hampton Art Stamps); flourish (DeNami Design); flourish (Inkadinkado); alphabet (Hampton Art Stamps)
Collage: masquerader from Venice Carnival sheet (Curious by Design)
Paper: party paper (Provocraft); Lovely Lilac (Stampin Up)
Ink: Midnight Blue and Royal Purple (StazOn); Gold (ColorBox)
Other: white Gesso
Embellishments: small gold eyelets, 1 purple ribbon flower

Hope you have yourself a party today!

10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous image!!! Oh, and I'm stocked up on chocolate cake supplies, so please hurry on over! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar, this is just gorgeous! I haven't blogged any of the ones I sent in for the exchange (yet) but am now feeling very insecure about whether they'll be up to scratch (it's my first swap!) although Hels did say they were ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it!! Need, need, need it, LOL!! Fabulous swap piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW That is beautiful Ali!
    I am so glad I found Gingersnap Creations when I did It is such an ispiration! Your art is so beautiful:-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally beautiful...love the collagey look of this xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun mailart--and it IS a great image!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing - such an arty piece. Loving it. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my god, these pieces of art are amazing! uhmm, i'm starting a kind of event designing blog and when i found this picture, i just had to use it for the first post. all credits go to you of course. (^_^)

    they're so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...