Saturday, March 20, 2010

Party Girl

This is the last postcard in my series for the Party Postcard art exchange at Gingersnap Creations.

As with the others, I started with a whitewash although I made this one a bit less dense which gave it a darker aspect. I then covered the whole piece with gold fleur de lis to add another dimension.

I've had some fun mardi gras mini beads for what seems like forever and this seemed a perfect time to use them so this postcard is a bit more interactive than the others.

Party Girl
Stamps: diamond border (Catslife Press); Art (Hampton Art Stamps); flourish (DeNami Design); flourish (Inkadinkado); alphabet (Hampton Art Stamps); fleur de lis (Paperbag Studios) Collage: masquerader from Venice Carnival sheet (Curious by Design)
Paper: party paper (Provocraft); Lovely Lilac (Stampin Up)
Ink: Midnight Blue and Royal Purple (StazOn); Gold (ColorBox)
Other: white Gesso
Embellishments: small gold eyelets, 1 purple ribbon flower, mini beads

Keep the party going while I am offline! More construction...less internet...sigh. Hoping to get back to normal in the next week or so.

5 comments:

  1. *gasp* This is fantastic!!! I love the moving beads, and the images and colors - aaaah, makes me want to go back to New Orleans! Good luck going through internet withdrawal... I get the shakes just thinking about it, LOL!! We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire series just ROCKS, Shar! You have so much depth in this piece is actually looks 3D on my computer screen. How'd you DO that??

    Good luck with construction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your party postcards!! Looks like great fun creating them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh, reminds me of Mardi Gras. Love the beads and mask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your postcards are spectacular! My favorite is the one I have in my hands. Party of one. It's amazing. I love the look of the whitewash and I love how you overstamped with subtle yet striking colors. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...