Saturday, March 6, 2010

OCC Sketch & GC44 3 Colors You Love

Today, I woke up to bright sunshine and wonderful warm weather....ahhh Spring! Because I am by nature contrary, I decided to give my favorite winter stamp it's last fling before Spring officially descends!! Yeah, yeah, I know...I've been bellyaching about the snow for the last two months....



I found this delightful sketch on Our Creative Corner this morning and decided to couple it with the 3 Colors You Love Challenge on Gingersnap Creations. I adore red and oranges together and decided to couple them with bright white! Usually, I use these colors for fun in the sun Summer cards but, like I said, I woke up feeling contrary.

Here he is:


Smilin' Snowy
Stamps:
Snowy (Penny Black)
Paper: Samara (Daisy D's)
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Real Red (Stampin Up); watercolor
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Markers: Only Orange, Real Red, Ruby Red and Bashful Blue (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: 2 orange prima flowers; 1 red brad
Tools: scallop punch (Martha Stewart); aquapainter (Stampin Up)

Hope your day is warmly filled with smiles!

13 comments:

  1. What a great snowman! I love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Shar. But, of course, you know you've jinxed yourself now, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,fab snowman and those colours work so well for a wintery card.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful 3 colors for a gingersnapper--adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just can't go wrong with a Penny Black stamp. Just darling! Love the warm snowy colors you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How FUN is this snowman?!!! I must say though, that I am glad for the rain that is on it's way with our nearly 4 degrees Celcius...it should take care of the final 6 or so inches of snow that still sitting on my lawn! As for the mountains of it that are plowed up on the streets, that will take more than a bit of rain!

    Hey....thanks for becoming a FB friend...I have also linked to your NetworkedBlogs...hope you can do the same over at The Open Window!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very colorful and cheery snowman - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if I could have pulled off your color combination. I LOVE IT!!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luv your "spin" on the adorable snowman! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not surprised he is a favourite stamp...he is such a jolly looking chap! Think the colours are fab as they are not what you would normally see with a snowman .... but they work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness is this cute. Whoolda think these colors would make this snoman so special. Love that border punch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, a warm snowman :) that's great!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...