Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life of the Party Postcard

I'm so excited to be doing another art exchange! Our latest exchange over at Gingersnap Creations has a party theme and a postcard format. Knowing my definite non-perky disposition, I thought I would have a little fun with slightly different takes on the idea of party. My first one was called Party Time.

This one is a take on the idea of that person who is the "life of the party". I used a whitewash background a la Technique Junkie to tone down my party paper and I added some additional stamping on top of my now lighter service as well as a collage image.

Life of the Party
Stamps: diamond border (Catslife Press); Art (Hampton Art Stamps); flourish (DeNami Design); flourish (Inkadinkado); alphabet (Hampton Art Stamps)
Collage: masquerader from Venice Carnival sheet (Curious by Design)
Paper: party paper (Provocraft); Lovely Lilac (Stampin Up)
Ink: Midnight Blue and Royal Purple (StazOn); Gold (ColorBox)
Other: white Gesso
Embellishments: small gold eyelets, 1 purple ribbon flower, 1 gold button

Here's toasting all the people who are truly the life of the party everyday!

5 comments:

  1. Totally fun, Shar! Beautiful postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now thats what I call a party girl. love that costume

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, what's the TJ technique name, I'd like to try it out. xoxo, Aimeslee at earthlink dot net

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Love the maskquerader wonderful colours

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...