Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Gingersnap Creations

Gingersnap Creations and I share a birthday month! I cannot believe it has been a whole year since Ali and I started our joint blog. Neither of us can believe how much it has grown in just a short 12 months!

I have met so many fantastic and wonderful people over this past year! I am blessed with tons of amazing friends who also are wonderful and talented artists! Thank you all for making it a year filled with magnificient memories, amazing art and lots of laughs.


This month, we are concentrating on Celebrations and layers so I decided to make this 4x4 with lots of layers. I started with a polished stone background and then added this lovely image from Enchanted Mercantile. I added some of my favorite sentiments from Alpha Stamps and an decorative element from Invoke Arts. My favorite bit though is the newspaper sailor hat. What better party hat for Aphrodite, who was born of sea foam.


Birthday Girl
Stamps: Ars artis gratia and Silence Your Inner Critic (Alpha Stamps); decorative element (Invoke Arts)
Collage Image: close-up of Birth of Venus from Botticelli sheet (Enchanted Mercantile)
Cardstock: Basic Black, Only Orange and Glossy White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Alcohol Ink: Butterscotch, Red Pepper, Latte, Caramel, and Terra Cotta (Adirondack)
Embellishments: gold ribbon; page of text; self-adhesive pearls; tile letters (source lost long ago)

Make sure you check out Gingersnap Creations today for lots of new stuff and information on a new challenge over at Artistic Outpost!

5 comments:

  1. Shar this is Stunning in every way. Love all the layers, the tiles, pearls, the hat, just everything about it!
    Also I didn't know it was your Birthday. When is or was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and .. Happy Birthday to the Gingers...thank you and Ali for setting up such an amazing group...big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layers, the images, the colours, everything! Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is absolutely amazing! Love the colors as always. You have the perfect eye for bringing it all together. I'm here, there and everywhere. The pearl accents again are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...