Wednesday, March 31, 2010

GCSP3: Technique Threesome

I am having a ton of fun today doing the Once in a Blue Moon Challenge: Take on a Tutorial on Gingersnap Creations! This week, we are challenging the readers to go through the Tutorial Guide and make a card using one of the techniques shown. You can go for an old tried and true technique or check out something new.


Being unable to choose a single technique, I incorporated three different ones from past tutorials.
Thanks so much to Joanne, Jo and Hels for the inspiration. Of course, I had to add some touches of my own so I overstamped both the batik resist technique I picked up from Hels and the string background from Jo. I also messed up the dimensions of the Tag-in-a-Card from Joanne but that was not as much creativity as that I am bad at math. I also have to thank Ali who gave me the present of all the new Distress Ink colors. Thanks tons, ladies!

Card with tag visible:

Earth Laughs
Stamps:
Butterfly Collage and sentiment (Stamp Francisco); Zinnia Style (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock (Stampland Chicago)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Fired Brick, Barn Door, Worn Lipstick, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmelade (Ranger Distress Inks); Lemon Zest and Peach Delight (Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist)
Tools: Sponges, string and double-sided tape
Embellishments: 3 prima flowers and 1 orange brad

Why not check out the other samples at Gingersnap Creations? Then check out our Tutorial Guide and join in the fun!

7 comments:

  1. Love all the texture. I had such fun with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's spectacular, Shar! Way to rock the Distress colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you combined all these tutorials so beautifully. really really pleased that you did mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! I have to go thru the tutorials but you've done an amazing job with these cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is a real show-stopper. I love all the rich colors and the texture you created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pretty dang amazing. You need to give a tute on just this card. Really amazing. this should go to publication.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...