Wednesday, March 17, 2010

GC47: Copper, Ginger and Rust

Last year, we started the Gingersnap Creations blog off with a color challenge - Copper, Ginger and Rust! We loved it so much, we are making it an annual event!

I've have changed a lot of things about my art in the last year - my designs, my mediums and my raison d'arte if you will. I decided to commemorate some of those changes and some of my new feelings about doing art in my submission for this challenge!


Here's my Renaissance Woman trinket box:




Stamps: Da Vinci Woman (Stamp Francisco); Renaissance Woman, words and elements from Renaissance Woman set (Stamp Francisco); diamond and fleur de lis from the Addison set (Paperbag Studios)
Collage Image: woman and child from Beautiful Mothers sheet (Enchanted Mercantile)
Paint: Super Copper and Brass (Lumiere Light Body Metallic Acrylic)
Ink: Jet Black (Stazon); Gold (Color Box)
Tools: stipple brush, sequin waste, sponges, and Mod-Podge

Here's what I submitted last year (although I must mention that I still love this card):


While I still love making cards, I have definitely expanded to some new formats. It's such a great feeling to know that this old art dog can definitely learn a few more tricks! I can't wait to see what I get into this year!!

If you like what I made, you should check out the absolutely fabulous creations by the Gingersnap Creations Design Team!

10 comments:

  1. From clean and simple cards to mixed media vintage collage - it's all simply stunning!!! Congrats on an entire wonderful year of creations for Gingersnap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous art...and...from me...a THANK YOU *and Ali* for setting up the Gingers and allowing me to be a part of the amazing DT...big hugs hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Love the rich color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colourful, lots of technique, love it!

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning and I bet it's even more stunning in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW that is fantastic! I think it's motivated me to get back on track with some "out of the box" creations. TFS
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous!! Looks to me that in this past year you have broadened you art outlook and it works!!!Thanks to you and Ali for Gingersnap Creations. Though I may not participate, I totally love looking and learning!!! Here's to a great next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness your trinket box is stunning. I love the different textures and the colors are exquisite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...