Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Borrowed Stamps and Rosy Birthdays

While I was in the midst of construction and offline, I took the opportunity to visit my mother. As always when I visit, we had a stamping day.

This card is one that I made with her stamps using a Technique Junkie technique called Wisped Frames. It gave the perfect soft touch that I was looking for.

I used a blender pen to pick up some color and softly color the rose and I rather liked how this turned out as well although I did shock my Mom by coloring leaves burgundy!


Rosy Birthday
Stamps:
rose from Abundant Joy set (Stampin' Up); Happy Birthday sentiment (Mom thinks this was a Michael's set so maybe Stampendous or Delta?)
Paper: rose paper from stack (Provocraft I think)
Cardstock: Cameo Coral, Bravo Burgundy and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Cameo Coral (Stampin Up)
Markers: Cameo Coral, Ruby Red and Bravo Burgundy (Stampin Up)
Tools: sponge, post-its, blender pen

Great to be back at home! Missed all my family, friends and my supplies!

7 comments:

  1. I love the softness of the stamping and the colours, a wonderful birthday card, Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Shar! The background reminds me of some beautiful (and very vintage) wallpaper from my grandmother's house, which I always loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite lovely, especially the soft touches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. The bergundy leaves are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant card and I love the colours. How special to spend time crafting with your mother. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...