Sunday, February 21, 2010

Play Date with a Midnight Madness Rooster?

It was a very busy week for me which unfortunately did not include any stamping or crafting. Today, however, I got a chance to play! I've been dying to try out the color combos over at Play Date Cafe and I saw a great sketch on Midnight Madness so I was off and crafting.

The colors for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge (PDCC17) were Red, Brown and Linen. I was searching through my red paper drawer when I came across some fun rooster silhouette paper which made me think of a cool rooster image my good and lovely friend, Debby, had sent me. I then remembered another paper with a similar motif that would fit the linen color criteria. Voila! But what to do with all this stuff? That's where the Midnight Madness Sketch #41 came in. I had to flip the sketch a bit so my chickens would show but I think it still works.

Here's my take on these two challenges:


Keep Crowing
Stamp: rooster (Squigglefly)
Paper: No. 261 (Steve's Pages); Les Poulets (Reminisce)
Cardstock: Real Red (Stampin Up); white
Copics: E09, E13, E15, E19, E55, E57, E59, R24, R27, Y38

Hope you had something to crow about today!

17 comments:

  1. This is more then fabulous are you kidding?!?!?!?! I love your art. Makes me happy. Your posts. Make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Shar! I love how you colored the rooster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, Shar!!! So cute, so fun, a bit vintage-looking - definitely makes me smile! Great way to work that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a wonderful card. I love the post name too..it sounds cool LOL :) Your take on the sketch is great and flip all you want. Your end results are always wonderful. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. Check in on Tuesday because we will be announcing our March Diva along with our weekly sketch post.

    Priscilla
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks neat, Shar. Love those chickens

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon - What a gorgeous rooster - he looks like he has something to crow about! Love the DP and those Delish colours!! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, it is always a pleasure seeing your cards and we look forward to having you play along next week! (((hugs)))
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the design, Shar, and how you have coloured the rooster, and your tag line - this is great,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon what a fun and fabulous rooster card you have created. I love the colors and background papers you used. Simply delightful. Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how beautiful!! I love the country flair and your coloring of the rooster!Such a beautiful take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Midnight Madness this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shar! What a gorgeous rooster, you did an amazing coloring/shading job on it! The papers are perfect too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness, and we hope you'll join us again this week too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely darling rooster! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cock-a-doodley dooooo..this is FAB! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this card! I have a "thing" for roosters - don't ask me why. FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you were able to play in The Cafe with us! This is a great take on the color combo...love the roosters!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a wonderful card! Love the coloring!
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun card design. Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...