Thursday, February 11, 2010

Having Fun with Fibers

Yesterday, Gingersnap Creations announced its latest Spicy Supply Challenge - Lace and Fibers!

I used wool to create some faux fur trim for this lovely lady from The Artistic Stamper. I also added this sweet heart lace, using double-sided tape, around the edge of my mat to create a doily-effect.


Vintage Valentine Beauty
Stamp: woman from Twenties No. 1 plate (The Artistic Stamper)
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate, Regal Rose, and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: E02, E11, E13, E15, E19, R11, RV13, RV19, RV21, and YR00
Other: oval cutter and heart punch (Creative Memories); heart lace; double-sided tape (Stampin Up); white wool; #13 yarn needle; 1/8" hole punch

To see more on how I did the faux fur trim and to see two more samples using the same technique, you can see my tutorial on Gingersnap Creations. Don't forget to check out the Challenge while you are there!

2 comments:

  1. Those stamps are perfect for adding lace/fibres detail. Pure glamour! Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I tell you how amazing I thought this was? I thought I did. Maybe I just thunk it. Pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...