Wednesday, February 24, 2010

GC44: Birthday

We are closing in on our first year over at Gingersnap Creations so our Random Redhead Challenge today is to make a birthday greeting!

I learned this great ribbon border from a tutorial by GC Design Team Member Erika Taylor! I am getting hooked on the Out of the Box technique from Technique Junkies. Not sure this one counts completely but the technique was my inspiration for the card.

Here's what I put together:


Birthday Style
Stamp: woman from Twenties No. 1 plate (The Artistic Stamper)
Paper: Wedding Cakes (Karen Foster)
Cardstock: Cameo Coral, Riding Hood Red, and Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Copics: E00, E19, R32, R35, and R37
Embellishments: satin-covered button; 1/2" Berry Sorbet grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey); feather
Other: oval cutter (Creative Memories)

I love these fabulous art deco style stamps from The Artistic Stamper! Jennie of The Artistic Stamper generously sponsored Gingersnap Creations for the month of February. I had the pleasure of interviewing Jennie earlier in the month and she is a delightful person and talented artist.

If you want to see some other stylish birthday greetings, head on over to Gingersnap Creations and check out the beautiful samples from both the GC Design Team and The Artistic Stamper's Design Team! We hope you play along!

8 comments:

  1. Your card is right up my street! The ribbon certainly adds that essential 1920's touch of glamour. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar, this is so gorgeous! I love Art Deco, too. These stamps are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Shar - I especially love the addition of the feather. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZER!! Girl, this is just brilliant!! i love what that feather gives to it!! I've missed seeing your creations!! It's good to be back!! :) BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Shar! I love how you put a real feather in her hands - makes me think of the roaring 20s even more (and it's certainly more festive!). Beautiful ribbon detail, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! You never seize to amaze me. Thanks for all of your inspiration and your words of support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card love the layout, colors and image just wish I could eat that much sweet stuff and look that good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's gorgeous and amazing! Your elements, the ribbon, the feather make everything so glamorous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...