Saturday, January 16, 2010

Whoohoo! I Got a Scrapbook Page Done!

I finally got a scrapbook page completed and it was fairly timely as well. I owe it all to my latest purchase, the Scrapbooker's Creativity Kit. I have done a review of this kit over on Gingersnap Creations which also details my process for this layout.

My husband and my daughter bring me joy every day and are the loves of my life. With this spread, I wanted to pay tribute to the decade of smiles, happiness and love I have had with my gorgeous daughter. I cannot believe how much she has changed but some things always stay the same - her sparkle, her wonderful charm and her sweet disposition!

Here's my page:

Decade of Delight
Stamps:
flourish (unknown - acrylic I have had forever); numbers (My Sentiments Exactly)
Paper: Vale (7 Gypsies); Dulce from Antique Boutique line/Amber MacDonald (A to Z Essentials); blocks (Creative Memories)
Cardstock: Burgundy Cover (Paper Store)
Ink: Raspberry Fizz (PaperTrey); Tempting Turquoise (Stampin Up); Versamark
Embellishments: 6 paper flowers (Prima); 3 blue brads (American Crafts); stick-on letters from Blush line (BasicGrey)

Well, off to try and get caught up on more scrapbooking!

5 comments:

  1. It's a precious layout, Shar! Our kids grow up so fast, so scrapbooking their lives is unbelievably important. I did a 'life' album for each of my two sons....birth to graduation from high school (the albums were already fat, but the younger son has two big albums because he was very involved in high school activities) and then an album for each one's post-secondary schooling (culinary school for the oldest and 4-year college for the younger).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Shar...What a terrific SB layout..your daughter is beautiful and I love how you have combined your photos for the 'decade'. Great idea...especially good for those of us who have a variety of odds and ends of non-theme type photos. I am a scrapbooker as well, but the numbers of albums were getting ridiculous...so I have laid off it for awhile and when I completed my digital art program I thought that one day I would create a digital layout, just for the fun of it. My DIL does her SB's that way and they are beautiful, but I have always preferred the 'hands on" aspect of scrapping. Enjoy your day. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout. Scrapbooking is how I got started in the paper crafting world. I miss it actually. I still hold on to everything in hopes that some day I will scrapbook them. Perhaps I will make time today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page Shar! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shar
    your page is just darling! Love the colors and the photos you selected! :) Makes me want to scrap today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...