Friday, January 15, 2010

Life is Good

Winter has gotten to me! I need a little sun. I decided to step outside my comfort zone with this card, but not step outside...it's cold out there!

I used a sentiment from Serendipity Stamps to create a Depth of Field background which is a Technique Junkie technique. The comfort zone was breached when I picked this lovely lady for my collage image. Wow! Those colors are certainly bright, but I wanted warm so I went with it!


Life is Good
Stamp: Life is Good sentiment (Serendipity Stamps)
Collage Image: Bathing Beauties collage sheet (Alpha Stamps)
Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Gable Green and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal and Really Rust (Stampin Up)
Embellishments: blue and green self-adhesive rhinestones
Tools: circle cutter (Creative Memories)

I'll be dreaming about a lake, a cottage and some warm summer breezes today...right after I get in from shoveling the snow drifts off the deck. Hope you have a warm and wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. such a cheerful card. makes me look forward to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card- I love the image you used and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - love the background you made, it goes so beautifully with the whole design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get her, all warm in the sea...making me jealous LOL Love the card hun...and the sentiment is a really cheery one...FAB! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! That's another thing I need to do is breakout my rather large stash of collage images and play. I love how warm and fun this is and the sentiment is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...