Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hope is the Thing

I love making journals and having extremely pretty paper and great sentiments with which to work sure makes it easy!

The sentiment is a favorite verse from Emily Dickinson by Serendipity Stamps. I surrounded the sentiment with a torn frame, a Technique Junkie technique.

If was a perfect match to this yummy paper from Magenta!

Feathers Journal
Stamp:
sentiment (Serendipity Stamps)
Paper: Peacock Blue from the Printemps Passion collection (Magenta); blue dappled (scrap from my basket)
Cardstock: Rose Red and Barely Banana (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Other: composition book

Hope your dreams take flight in 2010!

7 comments:

  1. this is lovely. I especially like the colour combination, that green is delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Shar! When I taught American Lit in high school, I required my students to memorize one of Emily's poems. This was a favorite! I do have a stamp with part of this verse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous - what a perfect pairing, and I love the frame around the poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness this is beautiful. Me thinks I need to have that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Shar,

    You have a beautiful site (I just love the name!) and this is a gorgeous journal! I'm sure you will feel inspired every time you sit down to use it! I look forward to seeing more of your art in the future!

    Ramona :-)
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...