Tuesday, January 19, 2010

GC39: Metallics

Today, Gingersnap Creations announced its latest Color Challenge! It's "metallic"! How fun!

I looked around at my supplies and discovered some lovely Shimmer Sheetz papers which I had been hoarding, so I decided to try out the Technique Junkies' technique, Aged Metal. It looked fun and I need to use my Cuttlebug more.

My first take on the challenge, I used a multi-colored Shimmerz sheet and then used a crayon resist and sponging on the image. I tried to match the colors I was sponging with the variations in the Shimmer Sheetz sheet.


Imagine Time
Stamps:
sundial from Sundial Cling set and sentiment (Serendipity Stamps)
Paper: blue/green Shimmerz Sheet
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Opulent Orchid, Brilliant Blue, YoYo Yellow and Gable Green (Stampin Up); Jet Black (StazOn)
Tools: oval cutter (Creative Memories); cuttlebug machine and embossing folder; white crayon
Embellishments: sun charm painted with Smooch

Hope your find time to imagine wonderous things today!

I will be showing my other sample for this challenge later in the week. If you like the crayon resist technique, check out the Gingersnap Creations blog this Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous creation, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card hun , love those bright colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background effect really striking, adore the main image, just cannot find it on the shop site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so striking - i love the contrast between the metallic background and the soft image - lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...