Thursday, January 14, 2010

Theme Thursday and GC38: Embossing Powder

Yesterday, Gingersnap Creations released their new Spicy Supply Challenge - Embossing Powder so I put that together with Theme Thursday's Hearts challenge to come up with this card. Hope you like it!

I did use embossing powder to create my card, but you won't find any embossing powder on it anymore. As we are also focusing on resist techniques, I used the embossing powder as a resist.


I started by using Versamark to stamp this pretty heart on white cardstock, then I covered the image in clear embossing and heat set it. I then sponged 3 different colors of pink over top and then overstamped the word "Bliss" on top of all that and added the sentiments. When I was done, I just placed the card under a piece of clean copy paper and applied a hot craft iron to remove the embossing powder.

The Heart that Loves
Stamps: Heart with Bow , Bliss and The Heart that Loves (Serendipity Stamps)
Cardstock: Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rose Red, Regal Rose and Pixie Pink (Stampin Up)
Other: Clear embossing powder (Judikins)
Tools: craft iron

Have a heart-warming day!

16 comments:

  1. Very beautiful heart and so wonderful to read about the process. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So beautiful - what a perfect technique to use with that image, it's so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful heart and great technique.
    Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty - I love the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very pretty..adore the stamp quote

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Shar!!! Love the image and colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely Shar...the message is so sweet too...love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful creating! Your work is gorgeous! I like the technique you describe, and it worked really well for this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Such a pretty image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous! what a great technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...