Monday, January 11, 2010

Forget Your Age

Just feeling silly with this one! I wanted to try out a 4 x 4. This is my first one!

The background uses a Technique Junkies technique called Faux Flocking. This was the first TJ technique I ever tried (way back in 2007) and I still love it! I thought it would be perfect for this burlesque-esque collage image.


Live Your Life
Stamps: sentiment and marble cell background (Serendipity Stamps)
Collage Image: woman from Can Can sheet (Enchanted Mercantile)
Paper: striped vellum (Staples...yes, Staples)
Cardstock: Always Artichoke and Pink Passion (Stampin Up)
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn); Pink Passion (Stampin Up)
Other: red embossing powder (Tinsel); clear embossing powder (Judikins)
Embellishment: bow charm previously painted with Smooch

Hope you have a day of youthful exhuberance!

12 comments:

  1. Shar, I never heard of this technique, before my time. LOL Beautiful though! and yes I'd like to forget my age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed this technique is perfect for your lady. I love the bright pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sentiment, Shar! I need to remember that when my 51st rolls around in March! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt think I did techniques...but I do, its just I dont realise I'm doing them lol
    Love these hot colours - perfect with your scene. She's a bit bendy isnt she! It takes me 15 minutes to get moving in the morning ;0)

    I'm with you on never having made a 4 x 4 before too. And I was only thinking about it the other day too...must have felt the vibes lol (actually I spotted the challenge site but that doesnt sound as good as being psychic does it lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great, a fantastic fun piece. I find 4x4 a great size to work on and looks just perfect then mounted on a 5x5 card blank.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card!! I will have to look up that technique. It turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic card! Your color choices are perfect with this image and sentiment - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always surprise me with your artistry, this is such a unique card, lov it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay you got me...I am going to look again..All I know is this is one stunning card..
    I love the saying you used.
    TFS
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to participate in 4x4 fat book swaps all the time. So much fun. This is gorgeous. I love how you flowed with the colors on her dress. If you want to bind your pages and make a book be sure to leave enough border on the left side so the binding doesn't cut in to your design. We need to do a fat book swap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...