Friday, January 1, 2010

Ending One Adventure and Starting Another

Last year, I had the distinct pleasure of being a Guest Designer for Artistic Outpost! I had a lot of fun and made some amazing friends all while playing with some really gorgeous stamps!

While I am sad to be finishing my term, I know that it is not goodbye as I will always be popping back to Artistic Outpost to check out their newest releases!

Today, I made a card using a plate that I bought as a Christmas present to myself, Distant Generations. I have a complete weakness for vintage images. I love the effect of the Faux Designer Paper technique from Technique Junkies and I had all my clear embossing powder out already so I thought why not?

I created the paper above and then decided to dress it up a bit. Here's the finished card:

Buttoning Down the Generations
Stamps: main image, buttons, flourish and sentiment from Distant Generations plate and leaf and numbers from Generation Redux plate (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: medium brown (Paper Store); Night of Navy and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Broken China, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink); Midnight Blue (StazOn)
Embellishments: 3 blue buttons; 2 green buttons; organza ribbon

Hope you join me in the adventure that is 2010! Happy New Year!

10 comments:

  1. It's just great, Shar! I love that tech, too, but haven't used it since that newsletter came out! Am finishing up my 10th card for the next newsletter, so maybe I can go back now and check out some of the older techniques. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning results. I must do this technique again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great technique for those wonderful AO images. It was a pleasure to have you as a Guest Designer! Thanks for using Artistic Outpost images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning, Shar! Beautifully put together as always. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!! Shar, this is just gorgeous!! Lovely take on the technique!! Thanks for your inspiration!! Happy New Year!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card made with my all-time favorite techie! I look forward to more of your wonderful art this year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Shar, That background is just yummy! Love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done Shar, stunning results!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ... just amazing ... gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fun AND gorgeous! I really need to read my newsletters more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...