Wednesday, December 23, 2009

GC36: Resolutions

This week, the Random Redhead Challenge at Gingersnap Creations is "Resolutions".


Resolutions are a thing that come with New Year's Day. Last New Year's, I made a bunch of resolutions. Here they are:

1. Make doable resolutions and goals in a timely manner. - um, working on that one

2. Use up those beautiful bits and pieces in my scrap drawer. - well, not ALL my scraps but I did make a dent this year.

3. Use all those embellishments I bought on impulse that are languishing in storage. - I am doing much better at this! Ribbons, charms, brads, eyelets are all seeing the light of day!

4. Keep trying new things all the time. - okay, this one I did. I made lots of 3D things this year, experimented with traditional collage and worked on some altered pages as well as trying out tons of new techniques!

5. Put away all my stamps after I use them and mount and store all my stamps as I buy them. - I am getting somewhat better at this but I still have to get it down to some sort of system.

6. Send at least 6 cards to magazines every quarter. - there's always next year! I sent out only 2 batches this year, both sadly right at the deadline.

7. Make time every week for play. - this one is the source of major changes in my life next year. It's important to me to keep stamping fun, fun, fun!

8. Curb SAD (Stamp Aquisition Disorder) to a more reasonable level. - I curtailed much of my spending this year, but I also did a ton of work with some great manufacturers in 2009 so I added quite a few new images to my collection anyway.

SO, I am not good at resolutions....I thought maybe if I had a lovely goal journal and set fewer goals, namely just one, and tracked my progress I might do a bit better this year!

My resolution this year: Live the Life You've Imagined!


To make my goal journal, I picked a great image from Lost Coast Designs and this sentiment from Stampers Anonymous. I stamped them both using Versamark and then applied chalk. I loved the soft result! I added some ribbon and a butterfly charm to help me fly toward my dreams and I was done!


Live the Life Journal
Stamps: Head in Hands (Lost Coast Designs); sentiment (Stampers Anonymous)
Paper: Lilac Breeze from the Indeed collection (Prima Marketing)
Cardstock: Perfect Plum and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Versamark
Chalks: Pearlescent collection (Pebbles)
Embellishments: 1/4" lilac ribbon; butterfly charm (Blue Moon)

Hope you achieve all your dreams for the coming year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy holidays :)

    Happy blogoversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Journal cover....and it's true, you have to believe, and just do it! Go ahead, live your life the way you wish it! BEautiful work....Have great holidays...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...