Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 9: Sandy Claus?

25 Days of Christmas Continues....


Today, I reached into my Tools drawer and took out something I used to think of as essential but haven't touched in AGES! It was my sandpaper block!

Over at Gingersnap Creations, the new Spicy Supply challenge is to break out your own sandpaper and sanding blocks and make a papercrafting creation using sandpaper as a tool or as an element in the card!

I used it in conjunction with a dry embossed piece of patterned paper. I love the way it turned out! My first hint here is to leave the paper in the embossing folder while you sand it so that it will stay a little more stable. My second hint is to remember to sand in all directions and to do so lightly!


Antiqued Embossed Holly
Stamp:
sentiment from Christmas 2009 (Hearts in Touch)
Paper: Old Olive dots (Stampin Up)
Cardstock: Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Other: white embossing powder; cuttlebug machine and embossing folder; sandpaper
Embellishment: small bow with pearl
Tools: Oval punches (Marvy Uchida)

Here's hoping your day isn't rough around the edges!

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Shar...and it inspires me to try it for some special cards I haven't even started on yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful holiday card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...