Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 13: Caroling Trio

25 Days of Christmas Continues....

Yesterday, I spent much of the day cleaning up the mess that is my craft room/office. As I looked at the huge bin of non-filed scraps, I made a vow that this week I would make my Christmas stamped projects using mostly those scraps. It's never too late to work on those 2009 New Year's resolutions, right?


I pulled out my pizza box filled with wooden Christmas stamps and decided to grab a couple of my favorites and play. I love watercoloring with Penny Black stamps. Today, I decided to use a Technique Junkies technique called marker watercoloring to get that watercolor effect.

Here's what I came up with for today's card which is made up totally of bits and pieces from my scrap pile:

Caroling Trio
Stamps:
Caroling Penguins and sentiment (Penny Black)
Paper: yellow gingham (old Provocraft stack, I think)
Cardstock: red pre-folded card and red cardstock (Michael's); watercolor paper
Ink: Jet Black (StazOn)
Markers: Bravo Burgundy, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron
Tools: Aquapainter (Stampin Up); corner rounder (Creative Memories)
Embellishments: stray red bow with white pearl-like center

I hope you had a day that put a song in your heart!

4 comments:

  1. O.K so its Penny Black, Adorable Shar! What a fun box of leftovers you have! The only thing in my pizza box is stale pizza! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! How sweet!! I love your coloring and the image is so adorable!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just toooo cute! Your coloring is so awesome & so is the layout. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toooooo cute!
    Helen
    Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...