Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 12: Celebrating Warm Memories

25 Days of Christmas Continues.....

I just loved this vintage image from Hearts in Touch, but what to do with it? While I was trying to figure this out, my mind wandered to the warm memories that the image invoked and I knew I had it! A candle!

I had never tried one before, but it was just as simple as I had been told. First, stamp an image onto tissue paper. Then, color it in as desired (if desired). I colored on the back of the image with copic markers. The final step is to place the image on the candle, cover with wax paper (I used enough that it wrapped right around the candle and acted as a handle), heat very lightly with a heat tool and remove wax paper. Hopefully, your tissue paper will be lightly embedded in the candle.

I guess I did it right! It's simple and I love it! I didn't even bother to create a wrapper for it. I thought it looked good just plain. Here it is:

Vintage Santa Candle
Stamp:
vintage card image from Christmas #108 (Hearts in Touch)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: B00, B02, B32, E00, E11, E35, G19, R27, Y15 and YR23
Other: tissue paper, tower candle, wax paper, heat tool

Hope you create some warm memories this holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - this is awesome and a great way to use this image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness this is way awesome! What a perfect gift for someone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...