Tuesday, December 1, 2009

25 Days of Christmas Begins

Whoohoo! It's finally December! I just love all the decorations, merriment and great traditions of the holiday season. Last year, I got all my holiday cards done in October....that just didn't happen this year! Hopefully, I can make up for it this month!

For my first holiday card of December I went simple! An easy polished stone background and a Torn Frames finish to the focal image. I added a bit of watercolor pencil coloring to the image to give it a bit of lift and a slightly antique feel.


Funny Old World
Stamp:
image from Christmas #108 plate (Hearts in Touch)
Cardstock: glossy white; More Mustard (Stampin Up)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn); Cranberry, Bottle and Caramel (Ranger Alcohol Ink)
Other: various watercolor pencils (Derwent - mostly); blending solution (Ranger)
Tools: alcohol ink applicator; bone folder

The verse reads:
"As through this funny old world we go / The sweetest joy that the heart can know / Is the friend who wishes us plenty of cheer / To make Christmas Day the best of the year."

I made this card really simple because that's what we are working on at Gingersnap Creations this month - "de-stressing the holidays" - and simple definitely fits that requirement. Along with "destressing", we will also be exploring a few distressing techniques along with some distress ink. Please come and join in on the fun!

6 comments:

  1. HI Shar!! Wow!! So pretty!! Really love the colorful background on this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card hun, loving the inky background...and the sentiment is so sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar,So pretty.Love all those vibrant colors, it reminds me of the jewels the 3 wise men brought as gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooo what a fantastic idea doing the 25 days of Christmas...oooooo I'm inspired.

    Love your first example. Very much my kind of thing :0)

    I may join you on the '25 days of' if thats ok...although mine might end up being more like 7 lol, but I'll try. Will give me some incentive to get some done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here I am blog hopping and just happened to click on your blog from a comment you left on someone else's blog. When I saw a card you did, I noticed at the bottom of the post--this card. OMG, this is the one that I fell in love with on the TJ group, and left you a comment. In fact, that post was put into my "to keep" file folder so I can look at this beauty again and again. Small world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...