Saturday, November 28, 2009

Something Simple for Saturday

The closer we get to Decemeber, the less time I have! That's why I wanted to share with you a truly simple project.

It all started with a great find at Target last Summer. They were stocking a ton of wonderful kraft journals. The instant I saw them I knew they would be perfect for stamping.

The idea behind this project is to quickly add some personality to an ordinary item without having to devote hours of your life to the endeavour.

What you need:
kraft journal
Dark ink (I used black Memento to go with the bindings of the journals)
Collage or high detail stamp

Yup, that's it. Here's the instructions:

Ink up your stamp, center it on your cover and stamp it down! No, I'm not being silly. Just check out the results!! Simple look and easy to do! To add a bit more personality, just add coordinating stamped images on the corners of random pages.

Stamp from Generation Redux (Artistic Outpost).


Stamps from Fortune Teller (Artistic Outpost).

We've all got those fabulous complex and visually rich stamps in our collections. Why not let them truly speak for themselves in this simple way!

Here's something else truly simple - how about 20% off unmounted and mounted stamps at Artistic Outpost? The sale ends on Monday. Check out all the details on the Artistic Outpost blog.

Have a sensational Saturday!!

2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful Shar!!! This is a brilliant idea!!!
    I should have thought of this, I love receiving journals myself! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! I especially like the fortune teller one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...