Thursday, November 26, 2009

Marking Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I am having a fabulous day with my family but I stopped for a few minutes to stamp some Thanksgiving Day greetings for all the people I won't see today!

The first one uses an image from my Thanksgiving Day plate from Hearts in Touch. I used copics to color in the image and then added a torn frame, a Technique Junkies technique, to finish it off.

Thanksgiving
Stamps: vintage image from Thanksgiving plate (Hearts in Touch)
Paper: Samara (Daisy D's)
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up); Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: E11, E15, E21, E31, E35, E39, E43, G20, Y11, Y21, Y26, YR04, YR07, YR09, and YR23

For the second card, I used some Serendipity images. These images are great to color. I used the marker watercolor technique from Technique Junkies to give them a soft look and then another Technique Junkie technique, called Out of the Box, to make them stand out a bit more.

Take Time to Give Thanks
Stamps: animals from Pilgrim Pets set and sentiment from Quilted Pumpkin set (Serendipity)
Paper: Fall Harvest Pumpkin Patch (K & Company)
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up); watercolor paper
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Markers: More Mustard, Garden Green, Bashful Blue, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Apricot Appeal and Pumpkin Pie
Embellishment: twine
Tools: oval cutting system (Creative Memories)



Have a fabulous family day!! Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving from me hun...love your cards x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous! I just love your different coloring techniques and the torn frame worked out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The puppies are adorable, the torn frame is to die for. Silly me I get the TJ newsletter and have forever and have them all and do I try the tech's very often? nope. Must change that. really love the torn frame.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...