Tuesday, November 3, 2009

King Tut Day Tomorrow - Who Knew?

I made this card for the latest Reasons to Stamp article on Gingersnap Creations. Each month, they put together a list of prompts for every day to get you to grab your inks and go!

With November 4th being King Tut Day, I had a reason to dig out my Limited Edition Egyptian-themed stamps.

To start, I stamped this beautiful lady from Beeswax Stamps in the center of my card. I had wanted to do a block collage surrounding her but as she is very tall, I morphed this wonderful Technique Junkies technique into two collaged borders using a Limited Edition set. To finish her off, I added touches of gold with a painted and stamped disc (extras from my checkerboard) and some hardware to frame her face.

Here's my interpretation of King Tut Day:

Cairo Dreamer
Stamps: collage elements (Limited Edition); Egyptian woman (Beeswax)
Cardstock: Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up); Jet Black (StazOn)
Embellishments: painted wooden disc; frame hardware; metal picture corner

To find some more interesting inspirations, check out Reasons to Stamp in November on Gingersnap Creations.

5 comments:

  1. This looks awesome - i love how you framed her face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW, this is an amazing card, you are so talented Shar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever and creative - love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! So clever with the frame. Gives a new twist to spotlighting. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...