Wednesday, November 18, 2009

GC31: Monochromatic - Anatomy of a Card

After a tough couple of weeks at work and travelling, I am home and having fun with my inks again!

This week's Color Challenge on Gingersnap Creations is to make a monochromatic creation. I wanted to make something to celebrate the upcoming holiday season and the onslaught of winter which is definitely arriving early in Massachusetts.

I decided for my color scheme I would use a silvery gray!

It made me think of silvery snows and deep gray crisp and sparkling winter nights. Can you see the slight wavy pattern behind the vintage Santa, reminiscent of snow drifting? That's from my Silver Lustre Package from PaperTemptress, this month's Gingersnap Creations Challenge sponsor.

I started with some base cardstocks in pale silver - Laser Silver Lustre, Retro Silver Lustre, and Vintage Silver Lustre. For my deeper silver gray, I picked another PaperTemptress paper - Anthracite.

I loved all the texture on the Vintage Silver Lustre which looks like swirling snow and the sparkle on the Anthracite.


I used a simple design with two crossing bars, reminiscient of a gift wrapped in ribbon. After I put together the basic layout, I had fun adding details. I added some bling,


and some silvery flowers and flat gray and silver brads.


I really liked how the whole thing came together. I photographed it from an angle to try and capture a bit of the texture of the papers, but with little success.

Silver Santa
Stamp: vintage Santa from Snowy Woods (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: Silver Lustre, Retro Silver Lustre,Vintage Silver Lustre, Anthracite Stardreams (PaperTemptress)
Ink: Stone Gray (StazOn)
Embellishments: 5 rhinestone embellishments, 4 silver Prima flowers, 2 silver brads and 1 flat gray brad

Well, that's one Christmas card down....49 more to go!

Hope you can join in on this fun Gingersnap Creations challenge! Check out the challenge post for some great samples from the GC Design Team!

5 comments:

  1. Love the vintage image with the shimmery silver, Shar - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card in silver Shar! I would never have thought of that for Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love monochromatic

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is truly stunning! The papers really shine without detracting from the main image - FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...