Wednesday, November 4, 2009

GC29: Cozy Home

We're getting all comfy cozy over at Gingersnap Creations with our new theme for November - Home!

Today, we have a new Chestnut Theme Challenge - Cozy Home! The Gingersnap Creations Design Team and the visiting artists from PaperTemptress made some incredible samples! Check them out here.

To make my submission, I started with a wooden photo frame shaped like a bird house. I bought it ages ago because I just loved the way it looked. I covered the main body of the house with PaperTemptress' Red Pepper Column to create the look of siding! I used my craft knife to cut away the opening where the photo is supposed to fit.

Once I was finished siding my house, I needed to work on the roof. I added some sparkling cream trim with some Autumn Hay Glimmer, also from PaperTemptress.


I also used this paper to stamp the image of American Gothic (Stampfrancisco). The soft sheen behind the image gave it a rich look. I was going to sponge it but decided it was fine as it was.

Once I had the central image in place, I started to play around adding random words and elements to the front of the "house" using StazOn. Yes, I did that after I glued down the paper - sometimes you just have to go where the creation takes you.

To finish off, I created a custom tag using the same paper with a homey sentiment - Home is Where Your Story Begins - from Verses. I stamped the sentiment with StazOn and then cut it into a tag, using a scrap of the red and some twine to give it that "shipping tag" look with a rustic twist.


Here's the finished piece:

Home - Where Your Story Begins
Stamps:
American Gothic (Stamp Francisco); Enjoy the Simple Things (Hero Arts); Home is Where sentiment (Verses); elements and "Home" from Serenity and Home plates respectively (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: Red Pepper Column and Autumn Hay Glimmer (PaperTemptress)
Ink: Timber Brown (StazOn)
Other: hole punch; Glossy Accents; twine; wooden photo frame

Why not try out this fun theme? You have until November 29th to enter!

Hope you have a warm and cozy day! I'll be taking a bit of a break so see you next week!

9 comments:

  1. Shar this is gorgeous and I love your new blog look!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this piece, Shar - the paper rocks, and I love your stamped images/sentiments on it! It really does have such a cozy feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Shar, this is a really stunning project!! What awesome stamps you've used!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Look at you!!! You have become quite the little carpenter LOL, Love your home Shar and I don't know how I missed this stamp from Stamp Francisco. I have tons of their images!
    Fantastic job on this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shar, thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, I appreciate it!!!!

    This is a fabulous 'cozy home'!!!! Love how you put it together with this classic image!!!

    Have a super day!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharron I am just posting again for a chance to get this FANTASTIC, AMAZING , BEAUTIFUL project of yours!! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant piece. Love the idea of the red paper as siding. Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shar, just wanted to let you know I left a little award for you on my blog!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...