Saturday, November 21, 2009

Color Collage and a
Christmas Cookbook

Yesterday, on Gingersnap Creations, I reviewed a Cookbooking: A Delicious New Way to Scrapbook. Using ideas from the book, I created my own Holiday Recipe album. I used tags to store my recipes in this pretty little accordian album.

To make the tags, I used a color collage technique I learned about through the Technique Junkies newsletter. I tried to create a flow between the tags by repeating the images.


The recipes were printed on digital vellum from PaperTemptress and adhered to the back of the tags. The one depicted below is my Mom's recipe for her wonderful Tortiere (or Tourtiere), a dish that always brings back memories of my childhood.


Here's the how the album looks from cover to cover:





If you like this project, check out my step-by-step instructions for this project on Gingersnap Creations.

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous recipe book ! Very cool work, i am totally jealous :D Those stamps are wonderful too, whose are they ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book is beautiful! I may have to make one for my daughter. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful item! This would be an awesome gift for someone. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe book is wonderful - I love all the tags and the wonderful cover. What a great gift this would make. TFS! PS love the new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, Shar!! Beautiful tags for the recipes, and such a wonderful album... definitely a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FANtabulous! I have to do this. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...