Saturday, October 17, 2009

Swinging From Challenge to Challenge Today

Today, I have created a mini-challenge mellange by combining 3 great challenges!


For colors, I was inspired by the fabulous color combination from Artful Sentiments' Copic Color Challenge #30! Check out these beautiful colors!

This week we have Cadmium Yellow, Yellowish Green and Lavender!! So pretty!

As always you can use 1, 2 or all 3 of colors in your creation (or whatever you have close) for the Copic Color Challenge at Artful Sentiments by Kimm.

For the layout, I went with a great sketch from Friday Sketchers Challenge #74. This layout called for some embellishments, so I reached for the Spicy Supply of the Month over at Gingersnap Creations - brads!

I even threw in a Technique Junkie technique from awhile ago - Out of the Box (OctNov 2004 newsletter).

To make it more fun, I decided to use only scraps from my bottomless pit of odds and sods so I don't have too many details for you today.

Swinging Sweetie
Stamp: swinging girl (Sugar Nellie)
Paper: flowered scrap, green gingham scrap (unknown)
Cardstock: purple 12x12 (unknown); Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: B21, E00, E02, E11, E13, E15, E19, V04, V06, Y11, Y13, Y15, YG05, and YG13
Embellishments: 6 prima flowers, 6 medium purple brads, 1 fabric flower

So head on over to see what the other designers have put together for the Copic Color Challenge at Artful Sentiments!

After that, you can check out the awesome sketch challenge at Friday Sketchers and the fun brad supply challenge at Gingersnap Creations!

The weather is getting more like Winter every day here...brrr. It snowed on Friday! I think I will just stay in with some hot cocoa and stamp!

3 comments:

  1. so bright and colorful Shar, precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. I need to try and play today. Off I go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just too adorable and so is your design for her too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...