Monday, October 5, 2009

Golden Years of Railroading

I just got some grand new stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms and some simply fabulous papers by Paper Temptress. I've finally had a moment to breathe so I had some time to stamp!

In a turn of events for me, I actually started with my paper selection for this creation. I wanted to use this Antique Gold paper from Paper Temptress sooo badly, but hadn't a clue what I was going to do. My frantic schedule the last 2 weeks is taking it's toll.

I started to do word association - golden years, golden spike, railroad - and then it hit me! I just got a wonderful railroad stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. Aha! Now, what?


I went completely crazy and decided to make the most of the paper and emboss the image right onto this beautiful color! It worked out quite well I think.


Golden Years of Railroading
Stamp: 100 Years of the Railroad (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Paper: Stucco Pattern from Mortifica line (BasicGrey)
Cardstock: Antique Gold Stardreams (Paper Temptress); Creamy Caramel (Stampin Up); generic black cardstock
Ink: Watermark Ink Pad (VersaMark)
Other: Super Fine Detail Black Embossing Powder (Ranger); heat tool

To check out the other papers available at Paper Temptress, visit their website https://www.papertemptress.com.

To see more Cornish Heritage Farms art, check out my interview with owners Liz and Richard Pomeroy over at Gingersnap Creations.

Have a super Monday!! It has dawned a gorgeous autumn day here in New England!

5 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully, Shar!! Love the glossy black locomotive on the shimmery gold - luxurious vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous paper - you made such a beautiful card with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the railroad theme and the colours look amazing hun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect I love it. You have inspired me. I've been a bit stumped on that paper myself. so pretty I didn't know what the heck to do with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...