Friday, October 9, 2009

Dipping into the Distress Ink

I love all the oranges, yellows and reds of harvest time, so I decided to put them together using the distress ink technique I saw in Craft Stamper a few months ago. To find out more about that, visit my article on Gingersnap Creations.

I love this great image from Cornish Heritage Farms showing a Harvest cover of an old Saturday Evening Post. You'll see how I did something completely different with the same image if you stop by tomorrow.

Distressed Harvest
Stamp: Harvest from Saturday Evening Post line (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Paper: Atelier Toile (Daisy D's)
Cardstock: Mango (Paper Temptress); Chocolate Chip and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed (Ranger Distress Ink)
Embellishment: 1/4" dark brown ribbon

Hope you are enjoying this Harvest season! Harvest is the theme for the whole month over at Gingersnap Creations. We have some great challenges, more blog candy and some fun tutorials! Today, Jean Franks Beck showed us how to make leaf prints - too pretty!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours hun...love this x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique and I think your card turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very kewl look for an Autumn image! Hurry and post the next one! hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really wonderful teachnique for your image. What a very pretty Fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CHF has great stamps and this is another gorgeous Shar-ation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. who the heck makes up these word verifications! I just had to type this. i know spelling is off but geesh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oops. this word. hymon then brows came right after. let's see what I get this time. i could be here all afternoon. doesn't take much to entertain me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...