Friday, October 16, 2009

A Challenging Afternoon

My life is calming down and I have time to craft! Thank goodness as it is getting rather chill outside and I could use a cozy hobby to help me through the winter. I double-checked my calendar and it is indeed mid-October but my lawn has frost on it and it snowed for most of the morning.

Now that I have a little bit of leisure time on my hands, I wanted to do some challenges. Nothing can spark the creativity better than a good challenge!


Artistic Outpost has a wonderful challenge going right now to celebrate their 2nd birthday! It's a 3-parter: 1) use only Artistic Outpost Stamps; 2) use their beautiful challenge sketch; and 3) it had to be a fall or birthday themed card. You have until October 23rd to get in on the fun!
I put this sketch together with the Blue challenge over at Crafty Creations, the Pointy Hats Challenge on TGIF and the Spicy Supply Brad Challenge on Gingersnap Creations to come up with this little darlin'.

I morphed the sketch a bit but that's what sketches are for! I also used a tip I learned from Ali about stamping sentiments on ribbon to give my sentiment a translucent look on organza ribbon. I sponged distress inks onto the tag and then stamped my sweet witchie over top using Midnight Blue StazOn.

Blue Witchie
Stamps: sentiment and witch from Vintage Halloween (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: Lone Ranger (Kaisercraft); olive green designer paper (Stampin Up);
Cardstock: Night of Navy (Stampin Up)
Ink: Midnight Blue (StazOn); Broken China and Faded Jeans (Ranger Distress Ink)
Embellishments: organza ribbon (Stampin Up); 2 blue brads (American Crafts)

Wishing everyone a warm, Autumn weekend! I'm off to buy some new snow boots. Brrr!

12 comments:

  1. Wow this is absolutely lovely.
    What a gorgeous card. Love them.

    Thanks Sharon for your pointy hat to TGiF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! What a really gorgeous creation!! LOVE your fun tag and the take on the sketch!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh purty! Love that midnight blue! I for the life of me can NEVER keep track of multiple challenges. It's like walking in to a messy house that I'm supposed to clean. if there's clutter my brain freezes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this Sharon. Great combo of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this sweet card, Shar! This is one of my all time favorite AO images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with this beautiful card!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh, that's gorgeous, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is terrific! I love this image and you have made a fabulous card. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely ! I really like the tiny witch image :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab - just georgeous! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...