Saturday, October 31, 2009

ASCC #32: Boo-tiful Witch

Wowzers! Six months flies by so quick. I've had so much fun working on the Design Team for the Copic Color Challenges at Artful Sentiments by Kimm! Eventhough I won't be creating samples anymore I will definitely be playing this fun challenge regularly!


I hope you are all having an amazing Halloween! We were at my daughter's horse show this morning which was fabulous! Dressage on the best dress-up day of the year. Couldn't be better!

This week, Kimm has come up with some amazing and spooky colors:


YR07 - Cadmium Orange, Y15 Cadmium Yellow and W5 Warm Gray

As always, you can use 1, 2 or all 3 of the colors for the week OR whatever you have that is close!

This week I decided to do another block collage with a copic-colored focal image. I just got this absolutely adorable set from Clear Art Stamps. It's called Halloween Fun! Isn't she a sweetie?

I got my base color for the block collage, another wonderful technique from those amazing artists over at Technique Junkies, from the Cadmium Orange that Kimm picked for this week's color selection. My closest match in ink to this is my Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie ink which I paired with the slightly darker Really Rust of the same brand.


The Halloween Fun set has a ton of little elements which I used for the base of my collage. It was quite fun trying to fit them all in.

Here's the whole card:

Boo-tiful Witch
Stamps: elements and focal image from Halloween Fun (Clear Art Stamps - Crafty Secrets)
Cardstock: Whisper White (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento); Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust (Stampin' Up)
Copics: E00, E07, E11, W1, W3, W5, Y15, YR04, YR07, and YR24

I've had a ton of fun working with Kimm and the other fabulous members of the Artful Sentiments Design Team - Jane Bossi, Ann Clack, Cathy Edgar and Laurie Gatton! If you haven't had a chance to check out their magnificient art, it is well-worth doing!

Don't forget to grab those copics and get busy with this fun challenge!

Have a spooky and spectacular Halloween!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh so cute, love this card, the colours are perfect and I just love the whole style xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling creation!! I just adore your sweet looking witch!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so darn cute! Your coloring as always is super! Goodness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...