Saturday, October 10, 2009

ASCC #29: Saturday Evening Harvest

Boy, did I have fun today! Not only did I get to play with a new color scheme from Artful Sentiments' Color Copic Challenge, I also got to play with some great new paper from the Paper Temptress! Have to tell you, I am beyond tempted to buy way more of this fabulous paper!

Here's what Kimm came up for us this week in this wonderful harvest season!

YR18 Sanguine, G99 Olive and E29 Burnt Umber - whoohoo I have all 3 this week!

As a reminder, you can use 1, 2 or 3 of the color selections in your creations or whatever you have that is close! Isn't Kimm cool?

I picked out this wonderful vintage Saturday Evening Post cover from Cornish Heritage Farms to color. Cornish Heritage Farms is the sponsor for October over at Gingersnap Creations and I had the pleasure of doing an interview with Liz and Richard Pomeroy, the owners.

Okay, back to coloring! I used masses of copics this time, but that's why they are so great! You can get wonderful details and nuance. On the corn, I think I used about 5 different colors.

Once, I had finished coloring, I turned to my newly arrived stash of Paper Temptress papers. I love the variety of colors and textures. For this project, I pulled out this fabulous Green Crepe Ruche and some of the Rosso Incandescent. I loved the shimmer on the red and the natural texture of the ruche. I added some twine to give a little natural touch, as we are using "natural materials" in our creations this month on Gingersnap Creations.

Here's what the final creation looks like:

Saturday Evening Harvest
Stamp: Fall Harvest from Saturday Evening Post line (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Cardstock: Green Crepe Ruche and Rosso Incandescent (Paper Temptress); Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Copics: E29, E31, E33, E34, G99, R05, R08, Y13, Y15, Y19, Y29, YG63, YR04, YR07, YR18, YR23, and YR24
Embellishments: 2 knots of natural twine

So, lots of places to send you for more information and more art today!

To see all the other fabulous samples from the Artful Sentiments' Design Team - go to Artful Sentiments by Kimm!

To read more about Cornish Heritage Farms and see more of my creations using their images, check out the Gingersnap Creations' Interview with Liz and Richard Pomeroy! Oh yeah, there's also blog candy involved as well!

To check out the huge variety of cardstocks at Paper Temptress, go to www.PaperTemptress.com. To see other creations made with Paper Temptress paper, check out their blog too!

7 comments:

  1. WOW!! So so pretty Shar!! LOVE the coloring you've done!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar: What a great Pumpkin. Love the coloring and design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is fantastic! Love the pumpkin. kxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colouring, looks fantastic! This is such a lovely image, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely, Sharon. Love the colors, the image, the whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love the Ruche and you definately did the Ruche justice and your coloring is beyond fab. I just don't get it even after taking Mariannes class. I must be brain dead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...