Monday, September 7, 2009

Little Labor Happening Today!

Today, I wanted to show you how fun it is to just play with all those odd bits and pieces of patterned paper that don't get used. They seem to grow organically from all my work.

The Outpost plate, recently released from Artistic Outpost, was perfect for both of the techniques I wanted to use.


I started with the larger bits of paper that I had on hand and chose some that had the same tonal value - a yellow, a green and a blue. Each paper also had a very basic pattern, one that would not detract from the stamped image.

For this first card, I used a Technique Junkies technique called Ripped Marble. I chose the largest image on the plate to really show off these pretty papers. I really liked how it turned out. I also realized that it was a great way to use up some of my random scraps!

Marbled Outpost
Stamps: Outpost and sentiment from The Outpost (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: various scraps
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)

My second card uses the same set and a different Technique Junkie technique called Warhol.
I actually created a Warhol 3 x 3 grid using the same papers from the card above. I used the great inchie in The Outpost plate for my image and I stamped it onto the remaining scraps and trimmed.

The patterned paper added a sense of texture to this simple card:


Ornament of a House
Stamps: sentiment and outpost inchie from The Outpost plate (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: various scraps
Cardstock: Whisper White and Basic Black (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)

Have fun with your scraps today and save the heavy labor for another day!

There's only a week left to get 20% off when you buy all 3 new Artistic Outpost plates together - The Outpost, Generation Redux and Old Grist Mill! Enter code "September2009" at checkout.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea to stamp on patterned paper scraps - I'm drowning in them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW You've done it again. Love your Art and your creativity. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...