Thursday, September 10, 2009

Enjoy Simple Beauty

I started this project as an ATC and it ended up as a full card. I was having so much fun, I didn't want to stop.


I used a Technique Junkie technique called Depth of Field for the base panel. It utilizes repetition and color variation to create an interesting backdrop. The focal image of ATC, the young woman, was first colored with copic markers and then embossed before I used distress ink to add some background color. I overstamped with the leaf image and a background stamp to give it some texture. I also used the same background stamp on the edges of the base panel.

Enjoy Simple Beauty
Stamps: ATC and background texture from Generation Redux plate and leaf from Old Grist Mill plate (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: orange, dark brown, white
Ink: Spiced Marmelade, Dried Marigold, Scattered Straw and Antique Linen (Ranger Distress Inks); copic markers - various; Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Other: clear embossing powder (Judikins)

Hope you too have a day where you have the freedom not to put the brakes on creativity!

7 comments:

  1. Sharon this is BEAUTIFUL and it shows that there was a lot of work involved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally fabulous! I love that you embossed the colored image and then sponged inks - I'd love to see it IRL. And the background is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Shar... love how the background of the card echos the backdrop of your image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully designed and made and a stunning resulting creation. Gorgeous
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Shar!! I love your colorful Fall background and a fabby image too!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finished card Shar! Love the background totally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How very pretty! I would never have thought to do something like this until I see yours. Beautiful and the background just really makes the images pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...