Monday, August 3, 2009

Sanded Earth Tones

I am drawn again and again to the Home plate by Artistic Outpost. This Faux Sanding technique from Technique Junkies is a great match for the country vintage feel of this plate.

Wondering where I got the matching photo corners? I just used kraft colored ones and then inked them up with Really Rust ink. To make the flourishes a little different, I inked them with the rainbow pad when I stamped on top of the faux sanded background.


Heading Home
Stamps: Home and Rooster collage from Home plate and flourishes from the Serenity plate (Artistic Outpost)
Cardstock: Really Rust (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock (Stampland Chicago)
Ink: Really Rust (Stampin Up); Faded Vintage Rainbow Chalk pad (Memories); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Other: gesso, paintbrush, photo corners, brayer

Home is where you store your stamps! Have a wonderful ink-filled day!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this look is gorgeous!! Like a beautiful, weather-worn vintage sign. Such a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning Shar!! I love the way this technique looks, I'm going to have to try it!! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is gorgeous too. I especially love the rainbow inking on the flourishes. I want to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous card - I love how you stamped over the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the background you created and the collage image is soooo awesome!!! This is such a beautiful design!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...