Sunday, August 9, 2009

Haute Couture and Faux Sanding

This was my last attempt at Faux Sanding. It came out a little more distressed than I had originally planned but I still liked the overall piece. I love this image and it seemed to fall very nicely across the color changes in the background. I thought the text down the side pulled it down a bit so I used the snaps to balance it out.


Couture
Stamp: Couture (B-Line Designs)
Cardstock: Bayou Blue and Basic Black (Stampin Up); glossy cardstock (Stampland Chicago)
Ink: Primary Rainbow Ink Pad (ColorBox); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Embellishments: 2 black snaps - yup, the real kind
Other: gesso, brayer and a paint brush

Have a lovely Sunday everyone! I'm off to a garden party but I think I'll leave the high heels at home this time!

Don't forget there's only 6 days left to get your applications in for the new Gingersnap Creations Design Team!

6 comments:

  1. commenting again..hope this works..
    I do love this card and Courture if my fav..spendid job on the technique.

    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  2. high fashion at its finest! I Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, your designs are wonderful, you never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect image for this technique, it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome...love the image and the technique!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...