Sunday, August 2, 2009

Getting Happy with Patterned Paper

I love the Summer because I don't have a set routine aside from work. Unfortunately, I often over-estimate my time during those lazy, hazy days of August when the clock is melting away along with my ice cream.

It's no secret that I love designer paper but I always think of using it with more involved projects. Recently, I was going through my old cards and I realized that I could make a very simple card with an easy formula - 4 pieces of patterned paper and a focal image. Perfect for my current chaotic card making schedule!

Here's my first one:


Happy Everything
Stamp: Happy Everything from Greetings Galore (Stampin Up)
Paper: Signs of Spring (Prima Marketing)
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: G05, Go7, Y13, Y15 and Y19
Tools: corner rounder

After this fun and sunny card, I happily turned to this great Girl Friday kit from Cosmo Cricket. It came with double-sided paper, a page of titles and a set of matching stickers. I was happy already!


I picked out some matching papers I liked and then pulled out the matching...and this is cool...chipboard! This "Ready-Set-Chip" set has great chipboard pieces which easily pop out of their page. My happiness doubled when I discovered they had self-adhesive backs!

In an unusual move for me, I did not use any stamping on this card!

Happy Happy Day
Paper:
Saturday, Sunday and Elements from Girl Friday collection (Cosmo Cricket)
Cardstock: Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Chipboard: happy from Girl Friday Ready-Set-Chip set (Cosmo Cricket)

I hope you have a happy, happy day!

For more happiness, check out this month's blog candy at Gingersnap Creations.

0 kind comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...