Saturday, August 8, 2009

ASCC #20: Copics Don't Have to Be Cute

I freely admit I suffer from Multiple Style Disorder. This week I really wanted to play with my copics but I also wanted to use some Paperbag Studios stamps. I had an "aha moment" and realized that I don't have to just use my copics for line art. It was possible to use them for other looks.


I was excited with the Artful Sentiments Copic Color Challenge picks for this week:

BV04 - Blue Berry, YR65 Atoll and B29 Ultramarine

Knowing that this challenge is very flexible in that you can use 1, 2 or 3 of the colors in your creation (or whatever you have that's close), I felt like I had a wide open window of creativity.

There's a Happiness Challenge going on at Gingersnap Creations, so I started to think about what has made me happy recently. I realized that being able to take some time out and learn new techniques, stretch my stamping skills and try and grow a bit gave me a ton of happy moments.

Looking at my stamps, thinking about growth and considering the colors I had on hand, I now only needed something to spark the layout of my project. I decided to blurf some other challenge blogs and came across the most recent Monday Lunchtime Sketch at Technostamper, a long time favorite challenge blog of mine even if I haven't played in ages. This let me play with lots of fun patterned paper, another theme for August at Gingersnap Creations.

I put all these elements together and came up with a Challenge melange that looked like this:

Grow with Me
Stamps: Collage image from the Laugh plate (Paperbag Studios); G,R,O,W letters from Collage Caps (My Sentiments Exactly)
Paper: Shades of Day (Karen Foster); Pep Dot Rally (Bo-Bunny)
Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: B21, B23, B26, B29, BV00, BV04, E09, E11, Y19, YR00, YR04, YR07, and YR23

Happy Happiness Happiness Day! Spread the happiness today and make your own Challenge Melange!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous job you did with all of these challenges. I love how you did the background. Happy Happiness Happiness Day to you too! Thanks for playing my sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh I Love your combination, the stamps are to die for! Great colors and it all so pulled together! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love this!! Vintage images with bright, mod colors - great combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Shar! You are right...copics don't have to be cute! I just did a vintage sunflower "look" last night...
    TFS!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...