Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Checkered Past

Some of my best memories of hanging out at my grandparents' house on hot summer days are founded in some great games of checkers with my grandfather. So when the new Chestnut Theme challenge at Gingersnap Creations focused on Fun & Games, I thought immediately of this old favorite.

I have never made a checker board before but I thought it might be a great tradition to start with my own daughter. My sweet 9-year-old was a great help in coming up with colors, picking the themes and even doing some of the painting. We look forward to using our checker board for many years.


If you would like to see how I made this board, visit my tutorial at Gingersnap Creations!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Shar, this is such an amazing project!! So stunning and so well put together!! So creative!! TFS! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is unbelievable, you and your daughter are an dreamteam! I wish you and your family much fun playing with that beautiful artful piece.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. teeheehee, Love that name you came up with, What a Fun project! You going to do a chess set next? LOL, You know I bet you could!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...